Are you a SMU student or faculty member interested in going to the largest international conference on women, gender, and history? For the first time this year the Berkshire Conference on the History of Women is being held in Canada (May 22 – 25, 2014), at the University of Toronto, hosted by U of T in collaboration with cosponsoring universities across Canada, including Saint Mary’s University. The offices of the Dean of Arts and the Vice-President Academic & Research are sponsoring the Berks by provided a limited number of conference participation grants to SMU faculty and students. They are intended to cover participants’ registration costs and to subsidize their travel costs.
With a deadline of April 11, applications for SMU Berkshire 2014 Conference Grants from students and faculty are invited. Priority will be given to applicants in the following order of preference until the funds are assigned:
- Berks registration costs + travel subsidy for faculty or students on the conference program;
- Berks registration costs + travel subsidy for graduate, honours, or undergraduate students who are not on, but wish to benefit from attending, the conference program;
- Berks registration costs + travel subsidy for faculty who are not on, but wish to benefit from attending, the conference program.
Those interested in receiving a conference participation grant should submit their requests to the Office of the Dean of Arts (Dean Esther Enns c/o Joan.Whitney@smu.ca) by 4:30 pm, April 11. This should involve:
– a letter outlining how the applicant would benefit from the 2014 Berks (1 page max.);
– tentative costs for travel and accommodation
Successful applicants will be notified by April 15.